Do I need active internet connection to play contents in Pickcel digital signage?
Pickcel offers offline content rendering for Image/Video and Scroller applications. In these scenarios, the Pickcel player downloads all the content locally and plays it according to the schedule.
However, an active internet connection is necessary on the signage player for the following:
- Initial screen registration process.
- Updating the schedule or content on the screen.
- Broadcasting real-time emergency content (Quick Play feature).
- Remote monitoring and capturing screenshots of content.
- Any Internet-based signage content application, such as URL links, YouTube videos, news applications, social media apps, and so on.
Please note that in cases where a media player lacks a Real-time Clock (RTC) and operates without an internet connection, it won't have accurate local timing. Consequently, it will be unable to play scheduled content and will instead display the default composition applied to the screen.
If you have issues regarding this, please contact out support team
for further assistance.