What is default composition? How do I set a default composition?
Default composition is a composition set to any screen that has no Quick Play or scheduled content assigned to it. This is also the composition that starts to play automatically whenever a new screen is added.
There are three ways to set the default composition. Follow the below steps:
Method 1- Assigning a default composition to individual screens
- Navigate to the Screen Details page and click on the pencil icon next to the Default Composition.
- Select the composition that you would like to make as Default Composition and click on the 'Assign' button. Confirm it again.
Method 2- Assigning a default composition to multiple screens
- Under the 'Screen' module, select all the screens for which you need to change the Default Composition as shown in the image below. Then, click on the 'Settings' icon.
- Select the Composition that you like to make as Default Composition and click on 'Assign'.
Method 3- Assigning the default composition to all the new screens that will be added in the future
- Click on the 'Settings' module. Then, click on the Pencil icon next to Default Composition.
- Select the Composition that you would like to make as Default Composition and then click on 'Assign'.
- Finally, click on 'Apply'.
Why is my screen always showing the default composition?
The default composition plays when there is no Quick Play or scheduled content assigned to your screen at any given time. However, if you have set a Quick Play or have scheduled any composition and it is still not reflecting on your screen, then ...
What is Composition? How to create a Composition?
Watch us on youtube ! What is Composition? 'Composition' refers to the way your contents are presented on your digital signage screen. It includes the layout of the screen, the number of zones or partitions within the screen, and the orientation of ...
How to edit a Composition?
Follow the steps below to edit a composition. Login to Pickcel Console Click the "Composition" Menu. Move the mouse pointer over the composition that you need to edit and click on the three tiny dots and from the drop-down menu select the "Edit" ...
How to set up the Pickcel application with Amazon Fire TV Stick?
1. Launch your Fire TV Stick and from the menu, select 'Find.' 2. Click on the 'Search' option. 3. Using the directional pad, type 'Pickcel', and press the center button on your remote to select the app. 4. Select the Pickcel app and press the ...
Can I have multiple compositions for multiple displays in my account?
Yes, you can create multiple compositions for multiple displays. Also, you can use the default layout templates available in the Pickcel CMS or create your own custom template.