What is composition? How to create it in the signage CMS software? | Pickcel
What is Composition? How to create a Composition?
Watch us on youtube !
What is Composition?
'Composition' refers to the way your contents are presented on your digital signage screen. It includes the layout of the screen, the number of zones or partitions within the screen, andthe orientation of the contents to be played (vertical/horizontal).
Click here to learn what is a layout and how to create a new layout in Pickcel
How to create a Composition in Pickcel CMS (content management system)?
1. Go to www.pickcel.com and log in to your registered account to access the Pickcel dashboard.
2. Click on the "Composition" menu.
3. Click on the "+ Composition" button.
4. Choose a layout for your composition. You can select from the pre-designed 'Standard layouts' (such as 'Single zone landscape, single-zone portrait, two-zone landscape, etc.) Or, you can create your own custom layout. To choose a layout, click on the template of your choice, it will get highlighted. Place your mouse over the selected template. It will show you the 'Use this layout' option. Click on it to proceed.
5. You can also bookmark any layout by clicking on the 'Star' check box that appears when you hover your cursor over the layout option.
6. You can also delete, copy and edit your layout designs by clicking on the buttons that appear when you hover your cursor over the layout options. However, Standard Templates cannot be edited or deleted.
7. To select a layout, simply hover over the layout of your choice and click on the 'Use this Layout' option that appears.
8. You will be taken to the Composition creator page. On the left-hand side of the page, you will be able to see the zones (such as Zone 1, Zone 2, Zone 3, and so on). You can click on each zone and add media to each zone.
9. On the right-hand side of the page, you will be able to see all your added media.
10. You can also create and add new media (from your device, or create with free graphic design tool Canva, or add a new app from the Pickcel app store). To do so, click on the '+ Media' button and choose from the dropdown menu.
11. If you click on any media (image, video, etc.) it gets added to your zone. You can then set the time of play by clicking on the timer zone (marked with arrow). Your set time of play will be shown in the top-left corner. To delete a media from the selected zone, hover over the added media and the 'delete' option will appear.
12. Once you are done adding media to one zone, you can click on the next zone and follow the same process to keep adding media to each zone. After you have assigned media to all the zones, you can click on the 'Preview' button to confirm the final look of the composition.
13. You can rename your composition by clicking on the 'pencil' button and finally when you are done, click on the 'Save Composition' button.
14. A dialogue box will appear. You can also rename your composition there. Select the 'Save & exit' option to save your composition to your Pickcel dashboard.
15. Your saved composition appears like this on the Pickcel dashboard:
What is a Layout? The layout is the arrangement and positioning of media within a composition on a screen. It simply means which content goes where. How to create a new layout? 1. Go to www.pickcel.com and log in to your registered account to access ...
Follow the steps below to edit a composition. Login to Pickcel Console Click the "Composition" Menu. Move the mouse pointer over the composition that you need to edit and click on the three tiny dots and from the drop-down menu select the "Edit" ...
Default composition is a composition set to any screen that has no Quick Play or scheduled content assigned to it. This is also the composition that starts to play automatically whenever a new screen is added. There are three ways to set the default ...
The default composition plays when there is no Quick Play or scheduled content assigned to your screen at any given time. However, if you have set a Quick Play or have scheduled any composition and it is still not reflecting on your screen, then ...
Yes, you can create multiple partitions. In Pickcel we call it as Zone. In each zone you can run different images, video or apps as per your needs. To know more about zones click here. Apart from Images and Videos you can also use apps such as ...