What is a Layout?
The layout is the arrangement and positioning of media within a composition on a screen. It simply means which content goes where.
How to create a new layout?
1. Go to www.pickcel.com and log in to your registered account to access the Pickcel dashboard.
2. Click on the Composition menu from left hand side and click on the + Add Composition button.
3. To create a new layout, click on the Create New Layout button. It will take you to the layout designer page.
4. The layout designer starts with a blank landscape template. To change the screen orientation (landscape/portrait) or custom resize the template, click the dropdown arrow next to Template Type. You can also remove the grid view by clicking on the check box next to the Grid option.
6. To add Zones click on the Add Zone button.
7. An orange-highlighted zone will appear (Zone 1). Resize the zone either by dragging the corners or by manually typing the Width & Height.
8. Click Add Zone and repeat the process to create as many zones as you want within the layout. You can delete the zones by clicking on the delete icon.
9. You can rename the template from top left side as shown below :
10. Finally, click Create Template to save your layout design.
11. Your custom-designed layout will appear on the layout selection page under custom section.
Related article: What is a Composition? How to create a Composition? Click here
Can I edit my created layout?
Certainly, you have the ability to modify the custom layouts you've created. To do so, click on the three dots next to the layout, and you'll find the "Edit" option among the available choices. It's important to note that standard layouts cannot be ...
What is Composition? How to create a Composition?
What is Composition? 'Composition' refers to the way your contents are presented on your digital signage screen. It includes the layout of the screen, the number of zones or partitions within the screen, and the orientation of the contents to be ...
How to add the New York Times app from the Pickcel app store?
1. Go to the 'App' module. 2. Search for 'The New York Times' news app using the search field. 3. Hover over the app thumbnail and click on the 'Create App' button: 4. Enter a name for the app. 5. Select the news topic of your interest from the list. ...
How to create a custom template in Artboard?
To create a custom template in Artboard, follow these steps: 1. Login to your Pickcel account. Go to the Media module. 2. Click on Add Media and click on Artboard. 3. Click on Create Custom in the top right corner. 4. A new tab will open, and it will ...
What is the People Space app and how to create it from Pickcel App store?
People Space App: The People Space app gives you the flexibility to turn your digital signage screens into a virtual recognition wall or profile gallery. Round the year, you can use this app to post birthday messages, highlight team achievements, ...